db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject 10.7.1 release dates
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:22:08 GMT
I have filled in dates for the 10.7.1 release, dropping the first RC
back to mid-November to give us time to catch our breath after vetting
10.6.2: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSevenOneRelease  I have
added a 2 week slot for buddy-testing. I hope that we can wrap up the
user documentation by the end of October. That will help buddy testers
understand the features they need to verify. The following features need
user documentation:

o Definer's rights
o TRUNCATE TABLE (will need a little extra verbiage after Eranda
finishes implementing the optional clauses)
o Plan Exporter (needs a disclaimer that this is a preliminary version
of the tool, whose user experience may change after we get feedback from
the field)

The DRDA UTF-8 support is also marked as needing user documentation. Is
that really true? If so, could someone open a separate JIRA describing
the changes needed?

Thanks,
-Rick