db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.6.2.0 release
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:06:44 GMT
Hi Lily,

I'm afraid I cannot find the docs in the two distributions which are
supposed to contain them:

o There is supposed to be a docs directory in the bin distribution. That
directory is supposed to contain the built versions of the docs. I
tripped across this problem because the top level docs links in
index.html don't work.

o The src distribution is supposed to contain two parallel directories,
one for the program source and the other for the docs source. The docs
source is missing.

These seem to me to be serious problems which warrant a new candidate.

I am enclosing the generateRelease script which I use to build releases.
This may help you understand what went wrong. I believe that Myrna has
also put some work into coding a master release target which builds both
the docs and the jars. You may have encountered some problem in crafting
tools/ant/properties/packaging.properties. That's where the directives
live which glue the two repositories together.

My script assumes the following directory structure:

derby
derby/docs
derby/docs/10.6
derby/branches
derby/branches/10.6

I run the script after changing directory to derby/branches and setting
SANDBOX=branches and BRANCH=10.6.

Hope this helps,
-Rick