db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject [VOTE] 10.6.2.1 release
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:23:22 GMT
Hi There:
   Thanks to Rick to point out lacking of doc on bin and src distribution. A
10.6.2.1 release candidate is ready for testing.

   It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~lilywei/10.6.2.1_999685/

   The sanity testing and voting date is from September 22 to October 5, 2010.
The vote will close at the of October 5, 2010 midnight Pacific time.

   The eclipse ui pluginis not yet included but will be added soon.

   The primarily testing for 10.6.2.1 release candidate has been verify the
10.6.2.1 RELEASE-NOTES.html has four more fixed issues(DERBY-4798, DERBY-4736,
DERBY-4712 and DERBY-4471), verify the signature of the distribution(Thanks to
Kathey Marsden, if we need more validation on this part, please let me know),
checking docs on bin and src distribution, checking javadoc on all distribution
on Windows platform, checking sane and insane relate behavior with simple tests
on bin distribution, running suites.all on bin distribution, modify the wiki
page to reflect the 10.6.2.1 release candidate information.

   Please test the release  candidate vigorously and post your results under the
Testing section of http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixTwoRelease

   Please test it and let me know if you see any potential issue with 10.6.2.1
candidate.

Thank you so much,Lily