db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 10.6.2.0 release cadidate is ready.
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:19:50 GMT
Great points.
I will open a JIRA so we can keep track of this issue.

Thanks,
Lily

________________________________
From: Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Mon, September 20, 2010 9:48:44 AM
Subject: Re: 10.6.2.0 release cadidate is ready.

  On 9/20/2010 9:29 AM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Dag H. Wanvik<dag.wanvik@oracle.com>  wrote:
>> It seems for the preliminary platform testing [1] that both Lily and I
>> have seen SysinfoCPCheckTest fail on different Windows platforms when
>> run as part of suitesAll.
>>
>> Is this something we have seen in the past? I didn't manage to find an
>> open JIRA for it..
>>
>> Dag
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenSixTwoPlatformTesting
>>
> There's DERBY-4617, but it shows a failure in
> SysinfoTest.testSysinfoLocale rather than SysinfoCPCheckTest. There
> was also (closed now) a failure in
> SysinfoCPCheckTest.checkClassPathChecker of DERBY-3771, but that was
> on z-series, and should be fixed...
>
> So perhaps this *is* new.

I saw it too running on XP with the bin distribution. One thing we have
seen in the past when testing release candidates is failures related to
derbyTesting.jar being in a different directory that the other jars.  I
don't know if that is the case here, but perhaps worth looking into.   A
new Jira seems worthwhile regardless.