db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tiago Espinha <tiago.de...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: 10.7 release candidate in October
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:20:20 GMT
I've hit a few speedbumps with DERBY-728. I had a few issues with old servers 
that are now ironed out but now I've hit a regression that still needs fixing. 
I'm looking at fixing it asap but my dissertation is due this Friday so it's a 
little complicated to fit everything in during this time.

The feature is half-implemented on the trunk. The client still does not do the 
switching between the two CCSID managers. I'm hoping to have all this settled by 
late next week, provided that nothing else goes wrong.


----- Original Message ----
From: Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Fri, 20 August, 2010 18:04:24
Subject: Re: 10.7 release candidate in October

On 8/20/2010 6:41 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I am considering volunteering to manage a 10.7 release, producing a first 
>release candidate in mid-October. The following loose ends probably need 
It would really be great to have the automated update statistics and I know 
Kristian started work on that but I don't know how long it would take to 
finish.  Tiago is  wrapping up DERBY-728 and can speak to how soon he will be 
done.  Unfortunately, the ACR has not you passed through opengroup.  Do we need 
to wait for that?  I'll try to check on status.

In general, since the upgrade trajectories and mixed client/server combinations  
grow exponentially with each release, I think it has been kind of nice to have 
them about once a year.  A 10.6 maintenance release with the translated messages 
might be nicer unless there is some pressing need for a specific feature.  If 
there is I am certainly fine with a 10.7 in October.



View raw message