db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Replication and weme failures last night in IBM runs
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:02:07 GMT

>  On 8/19/2010 11:48 AM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>
>> I can reproduce the weme problem and am looking at that now.
>>
> The weme failure is old and a little hard to track down because we get
> no stack trace.  I'll file a bug later today if nobody sees something
> obvious. Any idea how to get JUnit to give up a stack trace in this
> scenario?t to print a stack trace with this?
> August 5 was the first time weme failed with this error:
>
> Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Perhaps you can add println's to the for loop in AllPackages.suite() to
see which class it fails to call suite() on. After my changes in
DERBY-4638, we now use reflection to add all the test suites, not only
JDBC 4 and JMX as we did before.

Also, we catch (and re-throw) InvocationTargetException from the suite()
methods in addSuiteByReflection(). You can probably tweak it to print
the cause of the InvocationTargetException if weme's printStackTrace()
doesn't print the entire exception chain.

--
Knut Anders