db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject javadoc warning on one machine (DateTimeParser: 191: warning - @return tag cannot be used in method with void return type.)
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:35:33 GMT
Hi,

On one windows  machine (windows 2008) I see the following javadoc
warning since check-in of revision 989918 for DERBY-3173:
(slightly edited path)
[javadoc] C:\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\DateTimeParser.java:191:
warning - @return tag cannot be used in method with void return type.

I've been trying to duplicate this for a while on my laptop, which is
running Windows XP, but I seem to be unable to do so. It's really odd,
for as far as I know, all pieces of software - jvms, ant, (local.) ant
properties file and steps are the same. I've compared printcompiler
output and it looks the same to me also.
The Hudson build also hasn't complained, or did I miss a warning?

The complaint seems valid, and seems easy to fix, but I thought I'd
check to see if anyone else sees this javadoc warning?

Myrna