db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC-2010-Derby-4587- Summer Job Ends
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:13:03 GMT
Dear All,

As per the time line of GSoC-2010 I concluded my summer job at Apache Derby
on 16th of August. As you may know my summer job was to provide Derby a new
tool which generates a graphical query plan of an executed query. Work I've
done through this summer has logged in this JIRA
issue<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4587>
.

I must say that I had the most wonderful summer of my life working with
Derby community, which consists of lots of experts who are so generous and
kind.

I like to thank Bryan, my mentor, for supporting and encouraging me
throughout, with out him I don't think this will become a reality, since I
was a newbie to the community.

Each and everyone in the community helped me a lot, by replying to my
questions on mailing list and also by experimenting the tool. Thank you very
much!

I will definitely continue to contribute to Derby in future as well! It has
become a passion of my life!

Thanks!!

--
Best Regards,