db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Eranda Sooriyabandara <erandaj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javadoc warning on one machine (DateTimeParser: 191: warning - @return tag cannot be used in method with void return type.)
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 05:33:38 GMT
This should something with the patch of issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3173.<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3173>
Here I got the part which the warning is appeared.

/**
     * Check that we are at the end of the string: that the rest of the
characters, if any, are blanks.
     *
     * @return the original string with trailing blanks trimmed off.
     * @exception StandardException if there are more non-blank characters.
     */
    void checkEnd() throws StandardException
    {
        int end = fieldStart;
        for( ; fieldStart < len; fieldStart++)
        {
            if( str.charAt( fieldStart) != ' ')
                throw StandardException.newException(
SQLState.LANG_DATE_SYNTAX_EXCEPTION);
        }
        currentSeparator = 0;
        while( end > 0 && str.charAt( end - 1) == ' ')
            end--;
    } // end of checkEnd

Here we change the return type String to void but we didn't change the
comments. I will reopen the issue and come up with a patch.