db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tiago Espinha as committer
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:16:44 GMT
Tiago will be great contributor for Derby.

+1

Lily

On Aug 13, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Tiago has been involved with the Derby community, mostly during the summers with two
rounds of Google Summer of Code, since March 2008.  In that time he has fixed many valuable
issues [1]  including adding the initial support for parallel test runs and now DERBY-728
to complete our international support for network server, as well as converting tests and
fixing bugs.  He produced an excellent  video to help new users get set up, which has been
very well received and has offered and received reviews and feedback in the community in a
very positive way.  Tiago has expressed interest in becoming a Google summer of code mentor
in a future summer.  I think he would make a very good one as he always has clear and helpful
suggestions for new developers and users on the mailing lists and IRC.  I think he has accumulated
more than sufficient merit to become a committer.

> Please vote +1 to make Tiago Espinha a committer for Derby.  Polls close at 12:30 pm
San Francisco time, Monday, August 16, 2010.