db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 10.6 message localizations
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:46:26 GMT
Hi there:
   I have a question about testing zh_Ch locale.

   If I do 'java -Dderby.ui.locale=zh_CH -Dderby.ui.codeset=utf8
org.apache.derby.tools.ij' and got error with message on 42504,
should I see Chinese character error?

   This is what I am seeing:
  ij(CONNECTION1)> values REFRESH.to_degrees(15);
ERROR 42504: User 'BACKUP' does not have EXECUTE permission on ROUTINE
'REFRESH'.'TO_DEGREES'.
  (No chinese character here)

   When do the following, I see some characters that appear to be foreign
characters but not chinese.
   java -Dderby.ui.locale=zh_CH -Dderby.ui.codeset=utf8
org.apache.derby.tools.ij
  ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:test;user=REFRESH;password=Refresh';
  ij> localizeddisplay on;
  ij> values current_date;
  1
  2010年8月3日 (<===These are foreign characters, but not Chinese)

  How can I see chinese error message for ERROR 42504 or the message that we
change for JIRA-4666?

  Is the characters for current_date a valid display value for zh_CH locale?

Thanks,
Lily