db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: juni test for optional pieces...
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:09:17 GMT
> I've been thinking of ways to check and warn that pieces are missing.
> One way I can think of doing this, is to have a test suite sitting on
> top of (i.e. calling) functionTests.suites.All, which would fail if
> various optional pieces aren't in place. I'm thinking of a test that

Sounds wonderful!

Perhaps we could even get by with something simpler. If we just had
something like:

   'ant verifyOptionalComponents'

which ran a single simple test suite which tested for each of the
optional components, then people who were trying to check their
configuration could run this and get a report like:

  Checking for optional components...
  ... JDK 1.6 libraries are present
  ... J2ME libraries are missing!
  ... XML libraries are missing!

Although, it might be nice if it could print out a message saying *exactly*
what was missing, so that the developer knew what configuration to add.

View raw message