db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: juni test for optional pieces...
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:09:17 GMT
> I've been thinking of ways to check and warn that pieces are missing.
>
> One way I can think of doing this, is to have a test suite sitting on
> top of (i.e. calling) functionTests.suites.All, which would fail if
> various optional pieces aren't in place. I'm thinking of a test that

Sounds wonderful!

Perhaps we could even get by with something simpler. If we just had
something like:

   'ant verifyOptionalComponents'

which ran a single simple test suite which tested for each of the
optional components, then people who were trying to check their
configuration could run this and get a report like:

  Checking for optional components...
  ... JDK 1.6 libraries are present
  ... J2ME libraries are missing!
  ... XML libraries are missing!

etc.

Although, it might be nice if it could print out a message saying *exactly*
what was missing, so that the developer knew what configuration to add.

thanks,

bryan