db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javadoc warning on one machine (DateTimeParser: 191: warning - @return tag cannot be used in method with void return type.)
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 01:59:22 GMT
I don't see this error with my build (Ubuntu Linux). From what I can see, my
'ant javadoc' build *is* building the javadoc for DateTimeParser, so I don't
know why I don't see the error.

> [javadoc] C:\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\types\DateTimeParser.java:191:
> warning - @return tag cannot be used in method with void return type.

But I agree with you, it seems definitely wrong, as that method is certainly
void, and so shouldn't have a @return tag.

> The Hudson build also hasn't complained, or did I miss a warning?

I'm not quite sure. When I look at the bottom of
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Derby-trunk/lastBuild/console

I see this:

[WARNINGS] Found 1 new annotations (0 high, 1 normal, 0 low)
[WARNINGS] Found 1  annotations (0 high, 1 normal, 0 low)
[WARNINGS] Setting build status to FAILURE since total number of annotations exceeds the threshold
0
ERROR: Illegal address
javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``kahatlen@gmail.com,knut.hatlen@sun.com''
	at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.<init>(InternetAddress.java:94)
	at hudson.tasks.MailSender.buildCulpritList(MailSender.java:374)

So maybe the Hudson build was trying to tell you something,
but can't figure out how.

thanks,

bryan