db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.7 release candidate in October
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:09:58 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
>  On 8/20/2010 6:41 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> I am considering volunteering to manage a 10.7 release, producing a 
>> first release candidate in mid-October. The following loose ends 
>> probably need attention:
> It would really be great to have the automated update statistics and I 
> know Kristian started work on that but I don't know how long it would 
> take to finish.  
Kristian is on vacation so we may have to wait a bit for his reply.
> Tiago is  wrapping up DERBY-728 and can speak to how soon he will be 
> done.  Unfortunately, the ACR has not you passed through opengroup.  
> Do we need to wait for that?  I'll try to check on status.
I don't think we need to wait for that, but you should probably confirm 
with your sources just to be sure.
> In general, since the upgrade trajectories and mixed client/server 
> combinations  grow exponentially with each release, I think it has 
> been kind of nice to have them about once a year.  A 10.6 maintenance 
> release with the translated messages might be nicer unless there is 
> some pressing need for a specific feature.  If there is I am certainly 
> fine with a 10.7 in October.
Now that the localizations are in, I agree that a 10.6.2 maintenance 
release looks attractive. I suspect the community could turn it around 
pretty quickly...we just need someone to volunteer to manage it. I would 
still want to publish a 10.7 release, though.

> Kathey

View raw message