db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.7 release candidate in October
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:09:58 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
>  On 8/20/2010 6:41 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> I am considering volunteering to manage a 10.7 release, producing a
>> first release candidate in mid-October. The following loose ends
>> probably need attention:
> It would really be great to have the automated update statistics and I
> know Kristian started work on that but I don't know how long it would
> take to finish.
Kristian is on vacation so we may have to wait a bit for his reply.
> Tiago is  wrapping up DERBY-728 and can speak to how soon he will be
> done.  Unfortunately, the ACR has not you passed through opengroup.
> Do we need to wait for that?  I'll try to check on status.
I don't think we need to wait for that, but you should probably confirm
with your sources just to be sure.

> In general, since the upgrade trajectories and mixed client/server
> combinations  grow exponentially with each release, I think it has
> been kind of nice to have them about once a year.  A 10.6 maintenance
> release with the translated messages might be nicer unless there is
> some pressing need for a specific feature.  If there is I am certainly
> fine with a 10.7 in October.
Now that the localizations are in, I agree that a 10.6.2 maintenance
release looks attractive. I suspect the community could turn it around
pretty quickly...we just need someone to volunteer to manage it. I would
still want to publish a 10.7 release, though.

Thanks,
-Rick