db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.7 release candidate in October
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:04:24 GMT
  On 8/20/2010 6:41 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I am considering volunteering to manage a 10.7 release, producing a
> first release candidate in mid-October. The following loose ends
> probably need attention:
It would really be great to have the automated update statistics and I
know Kristian started work on that but I don't know how long it would
take to finish.  Tiago is  wrapping up DERBY-728 and can speak to how
soon he will be done.  Unfortunately, the ACR has not you passed through
opengroup.  Do we need to wait for that?  I'll try to check on status.

In general, since the upgrade trajectories and mixed client/server
combinations  grow exponentially with each release, I think it has been
kind of nice to have them about once a year.  A 10.6 maintenance release
with the translated messages might be nicer unless there is some
pressing need for a specific feature.  If there is I am certainly fine
with a 10.7 in October.

Kathey