db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Bringing other Apache project code into Derby
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:33:33 GMT
  I noticed today that with DERBY-4754  we brought Apache Harmony code
for lobs into Derby.  I know we have been using Harmony code for the
stubs for build checks but actually using the code runtime seems an
extra step and I am not sure what implications it has for the project.
Do we now need to do due diligence for CLA's etc on the code we use or
is it ok to just have faith that Harmony has done the right thing?   I
also am a little wary about supporting any large amount of code from
outside. This is just two small files, but maybe it sets a precedent
that is not good. Maybe it is all fine, but I am curious about opinions.

Thanks

Kathey