db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: instability in AccessTest?
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 02:50:41 GMT

Looking at the stack trace again, it seems this happens because we are
trying to save a copy of the generated class file here:

DatabaseClasses#loadGeneratedClass:
        :
    		} catch (VirtualMachineError vme) { // these may be beyond saving, but fwiw

			    WriteClassFile(fullyQualifiedName, classDump, vme);

Normally we don't try to write the generated classfile to disk, so
that's why we see the security exception, I presume.

The Javadoc for VirtualMachineError says:

"Thrown to indicate that the Java Virtual Machine is broken or has run
out of resources necessary for it to continue operating. "

so maybe my machine was out of resources.

Dag