db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Patricia Byrne (c)" <byr...@vmware.com>
Subject Career Opportunity- Gemstone- VMware
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:16:24 GMT
Good Afternoon,

I am currently working as a Global Researcher for VMware and we are sourcing candidates for
a number of positions, to join our Gemfire Team based in Oregon. I have attached the three
job descriptions for review:

GemStone's  Advanced Database Development Team is developing the next generation of SQL Fabric,
a memory oriented distributed SQL data management system designed to provide  unprecedented,
very-high throughput with predictable latency for applications with high scalability and high
availability requirements. Thus we have launched a search for key members of this development
team.

As a  GemStone Senior Software Engineer, or Enterprise Architect, with excellent knowledge
of developing database internals, you will have the  opportunity to  help us design cutting
edge solutions in a multitude of areas including distributed systems, continuous querying/stream
processing; materialized views; multi-query optimization; distributed querying; scalable distributed
data structures; concurrent data structures; main-memory databases; fault-tolerance paradigms;
and p2p network topologies.
More information about SQLFabric can be found at http://community.gemstone.com/display/sqlfabric/SQLFabric

Located in Oregon, GemStone is now a division of VMware/SpringSource (NYSE: VMW).   The SQL
Fabric initiative is one of our next-generation, game-changing, disruptive technologies.

If you are interested in the position and I would appreciate if you could forward me a copy
of your resume to: byrnep@vmware.com<mailto:byrnep@vmware.com>

Kind Regards,

Trish Byrne
Global Staffing Researcher
byrnep@vmware.com<mailto:voriordan@vmware.com>
VMware International,  Ireland
650 4278904 US
00 353 21 4660503 International
Office hours
GMT - 10.00-19.00 (CMT 04.00-13.00, PST 02.00-11.00)
[cid:image001.gif@01CB28F0.10A12750]<http://www.vmware.com/>