db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PlanExporter Tool Constraint
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:39:04 GMT
Hi Bryan,
Please see my comments in line.

> I wonder if perhaps the PlanExporter could make some of these
> behaviors conditional?
>
> Some users might want to export only the XML, some might want
> to export only the HTML. Some might want to export both. Some
> might want to export the HTML, but might want to use a different
> XSL stylesheet than the one included with PlanExporter. etc.

Yeah, these behaviors can be achieved, but perhaps it's a good
idea to generate/export the XML in each behavior, since we need it
to achieve all those behaviors.

> Do you think it would be helpful to have command-line arguments
> that let the user indicate what particular combination of outputs
> is desired?

Yeah, that would be really helpful.
I think we should come to a conclusion (at least for now) on
what behaviors we should allow and what command line arguments
to be used for each behavior.

Thanks.
--
Best Regards,