db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Additional Permission request to PlanExporter tool's tests
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:55:46 GMT
Hi Kathey,

> It is interesting to me that it is junit.jar that needs the permission.  I
> would have expected it to be derbytools.jar or derbyTesting.jar.

These tests we created are for testing the content of the XML files
generated. I also thought it would probably need permission to derbyTesting.jar
but it was not the case, tests were failed.
Only after I added to "codeBase "${derbyTesting.junit}"" portion, tests got
passed.

> I think it it is fine to add this to the default testing policy file as it
> only affects the testing jar and is for a specific directory referenced just
> in the tests.  Generally I only make a separate specific test policy file if
> it is one of the product jars that requires increased permissions beyond
> what is documented, so that that permission requirement doesn't creep into
> the product in general.

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Best Regards,