db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Additional Permission request to PlanExporter tool's tests
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:24:34 GMT
Hi All,

In order to run the tests I've created in XplainStatisticsTest.java class,
I need read and write permissions to user's testing directory's
extinout folder.

Currently in derby_tests.policy file, it doesn't provide IO permissions to
extinout folder under user's testing directory.

So I like to request from the community to approve the above mentioned
permission grant.

After adding that permission derby_tests.policy file's relevant portion
looks like following:

// JUnit jar file tries to read junit.properties in the user's
// home directory and seems to require permission to read the
// property user.home as well.
// junit.swingui.TestRunner writes to .junitsession on exit.
grant codeBase "${derbyTesting.junit}" {
    permission java.util.PropertyPermission "user.home", "read";
    permission java.io.FilePermission
"${user.home}${/}junit.properties", "read";
    permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.home}${/}.junitsession", "write";

    // This permission is needed when running the tests using ant 1.7
    permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}*", "write";
	//DERBY-4587 PlanExporter tool needs this permission in order to run its tests
	permission java.io.FilePermission "${user.dir}${/}extinout${/}-",
"read, write";

    // These permissions are needed when testing code instrumented with EMMA.
    permission java.util.PropertyPermission "${emma.active}user.dir", "read";
    permission java.io.FilePermission
"${emma.active}${user.dir}${/}coverage.ec", "read, write";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "${emma.active}writeFileDescriptor";
};

Thanks.

--
Best Regards,