db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <tiago.de...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject No suitable driver found for ...
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:55:55 GMT
Hello all,

I'm doing some old client testing for DERBY-4746 and I've ran into a problem
that I can't seem to be able to solve. Basically, I tested my trunk server
against a 10.5 client and everything was fine. But then when I test it against a
10.1.1.0 client, I get the following:

No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/client1011;create=true

I'm using eclipse and I simply add all the external jars (inside the bin folder)
into the project. This procedure worked with 10.5 but 10.1.1.0 isn't liking it
for some reason. Does anyone know what might be the cause of this? I get this
exception just as I do:

Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/client1011;create=true");

Thanks,
Tiago