db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: PlanExporter library requirements (DERBY-4587) (long message)
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:02:42 GMT
  On 7/20/2010 7:03 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:

> I agree wholeheartedly  as well with these points.   As for my
> admittedly  gut level concerns for adding the JQuery (non-Apache
> license)  build dependency and necessary NOTICE update, I sent an
> email query to someone that understands these issues better than I and
> hope to hear back soon.  I will post as soon as I understand it better.

Well Nirmal, I still don't understand things yet, but don't think I
should ask you to wait any longer.  I think you should investigate build
options that are as loosely coupled as possible as Bryan suggests and
ideally a build that will succeed if JQuery is not present, but not
build the functionality that needs it.  This is what we used to do with
the osgi.jar requirement before we checked in the felix source for building.

Thanks

Kathey