db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Using JQuery in Apache Derby
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:45:29 GMT
  On 7/20/2010 6:27 AM, Nirmal Fernando wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> That's great !
>
> Just an idea, same way can't we build Xalan from source as well,
> that will avoid those problematic scenarios with JDK versions and
> xalan versions.

Hi Nirmal,

Can you hold off on both of these for a bit. I think I need to 1)
Understand the downstream impact of introducing the MIT license and 2)
With repackaging code there are always issues of which version we use
and whether other applications running in the same jvm are going to pick
up the Derby repackaged version or the one that the other application
really wants.

On 1,  I will try to do some research today and post end of day with my
findings. For 2, the only solution I can think of would be to rename the
packages, but I don't know if that imposes even more license complexity.

I am sorry to throw a wrench into your project when I know you are under
time constraints, but really need to understand this better.

Thanks

Kathey