db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_XPLAIN_SCHEMA Error
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 00:58:11 GMT
>     select stmt_id from "3892".sysxplain_statements;
>
> Yes, it's working in this way. But is it a good way? May be it's
> good to restrict that option. What do you think?

According to
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.6/ref/crefsqlj1003454.html
Derby is working correctly, I believe.

However, I agree with you that it is rather awkward.

At the very least, we could put additional documentation into
the SET_XPLAIN_SCHEMA manual page to note that if you specify
a schema which does not follow the rules for an ordinary identifier,
you will have to specify the schema as a delimited identifier
whenever you use it subsequently.

thanks,

bryan