db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Career Opportunity- Gemstone- VMware
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:13:42 GMT
Hi Patricia:
    Gemstone looks like the type of company I really want to join.
However, I can not relocate at this point. Is it possible for me to telecommute
for this
position? If so, I really would like to try for this position.

    VMware is developing cool technology on daily basis. How exciting!!! I will
be
looking forward to work closely with you.

Sincerely,
Lily

________________________________
From: Patricia Byrne (c) <byrnep@vmware.com>
To: "derby-dev@db.apache.org" <derby-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, July 21, 2010 8:16:24 AM
Subject: Career Opportunity- Gemstone- VMware

Good Afternoon,

I am currently working as a Global Researcher for VMware and we are sourcing
candidates for a number of positions, to join our Gemfire Team based in Oregon.
I have attached the three job descriptions for review:

GemStone’s  Advanced Database Development Team is developing the next generation
of SQL Fabric, a memory oriented distributed SQL data management system designed
to provide  unprecedented, very-high throughput with predictable latency for
applications with high scalability and high availability requirements. Thus we
have launched a search for key members of this development team.

As a  GemStone Senior Software Engineer, or Enterprise Architect, with excellent
knowledge of developing database internals, you will have the  opportunity to
help us design cutting edge solutions in a multitude of areas including
distributed systems, continuous querying/stream processing; materialized views;
multi-query optimization; distributed querying; scalable distributed data
structures; concurrent data structures; main-memory databases; fault-tolerance
paradigms; and p2p network topologies.

More information about SQLFabric can be found at
http://community.gemstone.com/display/sqlfabric/SQLFabric

Located in Oregon, GemStone is now a division of VMware/SpringSource (NYSE:
VMW).   The SQL Fabric initiative is one of our next-generation, game-changing,
disruptive technologies.

If you are interested in the position and I would appreciate if you could
forward me a copy of your resume to: byrnep@vmware.com

Kind Regards,

Trish Byrne
Global Staffing Researcher
byrnep@vmware.com
VMware International,  Ireland
650 4278904 US
00 353 21 4660503 International
Office hours
GMT - 10.00-19.00(CMT 04.00-13.00, PST 02.00-11.00)