db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yun Lee (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-4713) Subclasses of ScriptTestCase can not run correctly with the non-English default locale
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:48:51 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4713?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Yun Lee updated DERBY-4713:
---------------------------

    Attachment: derby-4713-1.patch
                bit.out
                derby-4713-1.stat

Ask for help!

I have tried to do changing in ScriptTestSetup directly, just in the derby-4713-1.patch. However,
it doesn't work as expected. Some  subclasses of ScriptTestSetupLangScripts, such as ImportExportIJTest,
LangScripts, SURijTest and NistScripts (also a subclass of ScriptTestSetup) can not pass with
a lot of '?' in the test result. I also attached bit.out (the output of bit test in LangScripts),
in which you can see a lot of '?' in it.

I have spent a lot of time on debugging this problem, but could not resolve it. I have also
tried to do changing in CanonTestCase, the situation was also bad.  In my debugging, I'm sure
, the default Locale has changed indeed and the runTest() method of ScriptTestCase was running
in a US Locale. I have also tried to use some other Locale, such as "en_CN", but they all
failed in the same situation.

I have to ask for help to resolve this problem. As to my patch attcahed last time, it can
works well for every test. It seems in the patch attached this time, ij has still run in a
Locale not as expected. 

Please give some advice, thanks very much!

> Subclasses of ScriptTestCase can not run correctly with the non-English default locale
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-4713
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4713
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Test
>            Reporter: Yun Lee
>            Assignee: Yun Lee
>         Attachments: bit.out, derby-4713-1.patch, derby-4713-1.stat, derby-4713.patch,
derby-4713.stat
>
>
> If the default locale is not English, many subclasses of ScriptTestCase will fail. 
> For example, run NetIjTest (a subclass of ScriptTestcase)  in a Chinese OS, the test
case will fail:
> D:\derby\test>java junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests
> .tests.derbynet.NetIjTest
> .F
> Time: 5.422
> There was 1 failure:
> 1) testclientij(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.NetIjTest)j
> unit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Output at line 34 expected:<[ERROR 42X05: Tabl
> e/View 'APP.NOTTHERE' does not exist.]> but was:<[?? 42X05??????APP.NOTTHERE????
> ?]>
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.CanonTestCase.compareCanon
> (CanonTestCase.java:106)
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.ScriptTestCase.runTest(Scr
> iptTestCase.java:198)
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:
> 109)
>         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57
> )
>         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57
> )
>         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
>         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:23)
>         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:27)
> FAILURES!!!
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0 
> While, it succeed running with a English-language lcoale.
> D:\derby\test>java -Duser.language=en junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTe
> sting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.NetIjTest
> .
> Time: 6.187
> OK (1 test)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message