db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: LockInterruptTest failing?
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:04:12 GMT
On 06/28/10 08:29 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
> On 27.06.10 23:57, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> With the current head of trunk, I am seeing a failure in
>> LockInterruptTest
>> in my environment (see below).
>>
>> Is anybody else experiencing this?
>>
> Hi Bryan,
>
> I can see that it fails in the tinderbox test [1] and [2] (test added in
> [1]).
> On my machine it succeeds when running with a sane build, and fails when
> running with an insane build.

I'm able to reproduce with insane jars in my environment too. It looks
like there's a timing issue in the test, where the interrupted thread
may be allowed to continue before it has received the interrupt, and
therefore it doesn't fail as it is expected to. I've checked in a fix
(see DERBY-4711), so it'll hopefully run cleanly now. Sorry about the
noise...

--
Knut Anders