db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.5 backporting
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 06:58:47 GMT
On 24.06.10 00:54, Kathey Marsden wrote:
> I was looking at the fixes that have gone into trunk and 10.6 and
> seeing what looked good to backport to 10.5.  I came up with the
> following list.   I did not look all that closely, but just picked
> ones that looked like they might be likely user hits.  Please speak up
> if you see any that would not be appropriate for backport or any that
> the query may have missed. Sometimes the affects versions and fix
> versions in Jira are not quite right so the query will miss something
> useful.
>

> Thanks
>
> Kathey
>
> List of proposed backports:

[ snip ]

> DERBY-3844  |[DERBY-3844] ASSERT failure in BasePage.unlatch() when
> running
> LobStreamsTest
> |Kristian Waagan

I think this one can be backported. However:
  o there's a workaround
  o it requires a release note

> DERBY-3646  |[DERBY-3646] Embedded returns wrong results when
> selecting a blob column twice and using
> getBinaryStream()                      |Unassigned
>
> DERBY-3645  |[DERBY-3645] Insert into selecting BLOB column twice
> leads to SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of
> clas&|Unassigned

The two issues above were fixed by DERBY-4477, which in turn depends on
DERBY-4520. The latter issue doesn't easily backport.
(DERBY-3650 is also related, but depends on DERBY-4520 as well)

> DERBY-2992  |[DERBY-2992] getBinaryStream returns incorrect result
> (truncated value) if underlying blob is
> deleted                           |Kristian Waagan

This issue requires a manual merge due to other changes made in
OverflowInputStream. The fix itself is small.

Regards,
--
Kristian