db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running a single test
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:57:31 GMT
On 25.06.10 13:49, Nirmal Fernando wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to know how can I run only this test file
> "org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.XplainStatisticsTest.java".
>
> Can someone please send me the command or is it impossible?

Hi Nirmal,

This is a JUnit test, so you can do something like:
java -cp junit.jar:DERBY_JARS_OR_CLASSES junit.textui.TestRunner
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.XplainStatisticsTest

To test it out the simplest is to add junit.jar and classes/ to the
classpath.

You can also run it with the Swing UI, but then you have to use
"junit.swingui.TestRunner -noloading".
I think there's a wiki for this, but I don't remember the link off the
top of my head.
You may already know this, but you can also run all the tests in a
package by pointing at for instance lang._Suite

Hope this helps,
--
Kristian