db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject 10.5 backporting
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:54:46 GMT
I was looking at the fixes that have gone into trunk and 10.6 and seeing
what looked good to backport to 10.5.  I came up with the following
list.   I did not look all that closely, but just picked ones that
looked like they might be likely user hits.  Please speak up if you see
any that would not be appropriate for backport or any that the query may
have missed. Sometimes the affects versions and fix versions in Jira are
not quite right so the query will miss something useful.

Thanks

Kathey

List of proposed backports:

key
|title

|assignee

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERBY-4698  |[DERBY-4698] Simple query with HAVING clause crashes with
NullPointerException
|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4676  |[DERBY-4676] NullPointerException on SELECT on INNER
JOIN
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4621  |[DERBY-4621] Invalid conversion from Timestamp to String
when calling setTimestamp() with Calendar
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4615  |[DERBY-4615] EmbedCallableStatement ignores Calendar in
getDate, getTime and getTimestamp
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4610  |[DERBY-4610] Error attempting delete with cascade and
triggers                                                                  |Knut
Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4584  |[DERBY-4584] Unable to connect to network server if client
thread name has Japanese characters
|Tiago R. Espinha

DERBY-4582  |[DERBY-4582] Timestamps inserted with GMT calendar are 1
hour later when subsequently read with GMT calendar (Server Mode
Only).|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4574  |[DERBY-4574] derby.jar not a valid R4 OSGi
bundle
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4479  |[DERBY-4479] after rename table a to b then create table a
statement execute cause null point exception
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4477  |[DERBY-4477] Selecting / projecting a column whose value is
represented by a stream more than once fails                        |Dag
H. Wanvik
DERBY-4449  |[DERBY-4449] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when inserting
DEFAULT into unspecified column
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4448  |[DERBY-4448] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when trying to
override generated column
|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4442  |[DERBY-4442] Evaluation of default value and identity in an
INSERT result set evaluated too early.
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4425  |[DERBY-4425] NullPointerException with INSERT INTO ... from
UNION and columns generated from expressions
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4419  |[DERBY-4419] NullPointerException with INSERT INTO ... from
UNION and identity columns
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4413  |[DERBY-4413] INSERT from SELECT DISTINCT gives
assertFailure (sane), or  NPE (insane) in presence of generated
columns          |Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4387  |[DERBY-4387] Infinite loop in
PredicateList.joinClauseTransitiveClosure()

|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4343  |[DERBY-4343] ASSERT FAILED calling setTransactionIsolation
checking isolation_ == level   on  pooled connection
|Lily Wei
DERBY-4244  |[DERBY-4244] ALTER TABLE Sanity ASSERT in add column with
autocommit off
|Eranda Sooriyabandara

DERBY-4191  |[DERBY-4191] Lack of SELECT privilege does not prevent
SELECT COUNT(*)
|Mamta A. Satoor

DERBY-3856  |[DERBY-3856] difference between Embedded vs DerbyNetClient
in format of return from timestamp(cast(? as varchar(32)))
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-3852  |[DERBY-3852] J2EEDataSourceTest may ignore some
failures
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-3844  |[DERBY-3844] ASSERT failure in BasePage.unlatch() when
running LobStreamsTest
|Kristian Waagan

DERBY-3646  |[DERBY-3646] Embedded returns wrong results when selecting
a blob column twice and using getBinaryStream()
|Unassigned

DERBY-3645  |[DERBY-3645] Insert into selecting BLOB column twice leads
to SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of
clas&|Unassigned

DERBY-2992  |[DERBY-2992] getBinaryStream returns incorrect result
(truncated value) if underlying blob is
deleted                           |Kristian Waagan

DERBY-887   |[DERBY-887] Select statement returns wrong number of rows
if you compare an integer column with a boolean expression in the
whe&|Rick Hillegas

This list is a subset of the query below:

ij version 10.7

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:vtitest';

ij> -- report on Derby JIRAs fixed in the 10.6 or trunk  but not in 10.5

select s."key", s."title", s."assignee"
from table( "apacheVanillaJiraReport"(
'file:///cygwin/home/kmarsden/projects/10.5backports/SearchRequest.xml'
) ) s  where  ("type" = 'Bug' or "type" = 'Improvement' or "type" =
'Task')   AND "version" LIKE '%10.5%' AND ("fixVersion" LIKE '%10.6%' OR
"fixVersion" LIKE '%10.7%')  AND ("component" != 'Documentation')  AND (
NOT "fixVersion" LIKE '%10.5%' ) AND ("resolution" = 'Fixed');

key

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERBY-4698  |[DERBY-4698] Simple query with HAVING clause crashes with
NullPointerException
|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4692  |[DERBY-4692] Unions between BOOLEAN and non-BOOLEAN
datatypes should be
rejected                                                |Rick Hillegas

DERBY-4676  |[DERBY-4676] NullPointerException on SELECT on INNER
JOIN
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4621  |[DERBY-4621] Invalid conversion from Timestamp to String
when calling setTimestamp() with Calendar
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4615  |[DERBY-4615] EmbedCallableStatement ignores Calendar in
getDate, getTime and getTimestamp
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4610  |[DERBY-4610] Error attempting delete with cascade and
triggers                                                                  |Knut
Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4584  |[DERBY-4584] Unable to connect to network server if client
thread name has Japanese characters
|Tiago R. Espinha

DERBY-4583  |[DERBY-4583] TRUE by itself is not accepted in
WHERE
|Rick Hillegas

DERBY-4582  |[DERBY-4582] Timestamps inserted with GMT calendar are 1
hour later when subsequently read with GMT calendar (Server Mode
Only).|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4574  |[DERBY-4574] derby.jar not a valid R4 OSGi
bundle
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4500  |[DERBY-4500] CLASSPATH scripts should not exit on
error
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4491  |[DERBY-4491] The network client changes UDTs into Strings
and returns their type as LONGVARBINARY.
|Rick Hillegas

DERBY-4479  |[DERBY-4479] after rename table a to b then create table a
statement execute cause null point exception
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4477  |[DERBY-4477] Selecting / projecting a column whose value is
represented by a stream more than once fails                        |Dag
H. Wanvik

DERBY-4475  |[DERBY-4475] [patch] roleName isn't trimmed as
expected
|Unassigned

DERBY-4473  |[DERBY-4473] [patch] remove some allocated but unused
objects                                                                   |Unassigned

DERBY-4472  |[DERBY-4472] [patch] non short circuit op, could cause eof
problems
|Unassigned

DERBY-4465  |[DERBY-4465] Typo in error message from
SQLChar
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4449  |[DERBY-4449] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when inserting
DEFAULT into unspecified column
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4448  |[DERBY-4448] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when trying to
override generated column
|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4442  |[DERBY-4442] Evaluation of default value and identity in an
INSERT result set evaluated too early.
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-4425  |[DERBY-4425] NullPointerException with INSERT INTO ... from
UNION and columns generated from expressions
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4419  |[DERBY-4419] NullPointerException with INSERT INTO ... from
UNION and identity columns
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4413  |[DERBY-4413] INSERT from SELECT DISTINCT gives
assertFailure (sane), or  NPE (insane) in presence of generated
columns          |Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4387  |[DERBY-4387] Infinite loop in
PredicateList.joinClauseTransitiveClosure()

|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4343  |[DERBY-4343] ASSERT FAILED calling setTransactionIsolation
checking isolation_ == level   on  pooled connection
|Lily Wei

DERBY-4283  |[DERBY-4283] setEmbeddedCP should not exit on
error
|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4282  |[DERBY-4282] strange behavior with the "update ... where
current of c1" in the CheckConstraintTest
|Eranda Sooriyabandara

DERBY-4267  |[DERBY-4267] Investigate why Derby 10.5.1.1 is not
available in the maven2
repositories                                         |Kristian Waagan

DERBY-4244  |[DERBY-4244] ALTER TABLE Sanity ASSERT in add column with
autocommit off
|Eranda Sooriyabandara

DERBY-4236  |[DERBY-4236] Update the FAQ for Derby
10.5

|Bryan Pendleton

DERBY-4191  |[DERBY-4191] Lack of SELECT privilege does not prevent
SELECT COUNT(*)
|Mamta A. Satoor

DERBY-4179  |[DERBY-4179] bootLock.java fails with missing exception on
z/OS with  pmz3160sr2ifix-20081021_01(SR2+IZ32776+IZ33456), and
Wind&|Dag H. Wanvik

DERBY-4051  |[DERBY-4051] The javadoc for SpaceTable refers to an alias
that doesn't seem to work
|Tiago R. Espinha

DERBY-3856  |[DERBY-3856] difference between Embedded vs DerbyNetClient
in format of return from timestamp(cast(? as varchar(32)))
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-3852  |[DERBY-3852] J2EEDataSourceTest may ignore some
failures
|Knut Anders Hatlen

DERBY-3844  |[DERBY-3844] ASSERT failure in BasePage.unlatch() when
running LobStreamsTest
|Kristian Waagan

DERBY-3650  |[DERBY-3650] internal multiple references from different
rows to a single BLOB/CLOB stream leads to various errors when second
&|Kristian Waagan

DERBY-3646  |[DERBY-3646] Embedded returns wrong results when selecting
a blob column twice and using getBinaryStream()
|Unassigned

DERBY-3645  |[DERBY-3645] Insert into selecting BLOB column twice leads
to SQLException: Restore of a serializable or SQLData object of
clas&|Unassigned

DERBY-2992  |[DERBY-2992] getBinaryStream returns incorrect result
(truncated value) if underlying blob is
deleted                           |Kristian Waagan

DERBY-887   |[DERBY-887] Select statement returns wrong number of rows
if you compare an integer column with a boolean expression in the
whe&|Rick Hillegas

42 rows selected

ij>