db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [advice]Remove the outdated content about "frameworks subdirectory" in "getstartderby"
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:03:29 GMT
On 06/ 8/10 05:49 AM, yun lee wrote:
> Hi, all. I think there is some outdated content about "frameworks
> subdirectory" in "getstartderby"[1.] for the latest  release 10.6.1.0.
>
> In Page 12 in Chapter "Installing Derby", it says,
> "
> Extract the downloaded package. The extracted installation contains several
> subdirectories:
>
> • The frameworks subdirectory contains older scripts for executing
> utilities and setting
> up the environment. These are provided in this release for backward
> compatibility.
> These scripts are deprecated in favor of the scripts in the bin
> directory, and will be
> removed in a future release.
> "
>
> However, for the newest release, after extracting the downloaded
> package, there is not the frameworks subdirectory. It seems it has
> been removed in some earlier release. Is this right? If so, maybe it's
> better to remove it, and I would love to do this.

Hi Yun,

You're right, the frameworks directory was removed in DERBY-3026, and it
was removed from the documentation in DERBY-1662 and DERBY-1709. The
sentence in the getting started guide is probably just an oversight, and
I agree that we should remove that too. Thanks for volunteering to fix it!

--
Knut Anders