db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing SYSXPLAIN tables via java methods?
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 17:13:55 GMT
Hi All,

In the ij tool, if we need to query SYSXPLAIN tables, we should call
some methods before and after.

eg: [0]

To cause Derby to record statistics about statement execution in the
SYSXPLAIN_* database tables in the schema named 'MY_STATS':

        call syscs_util.syscs_set_runtimestatistics(1);
        call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('MY_STATS');

        select country from countries;

        call syscs_util.syscs_set_runtimestatistics(0);
        call syscs_util.syscs_set_xplain_schema('');

My question is can we call these methods in the code of a new tool
(like ij) as java methods?