db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby confuse with SWing Application Framework
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 04:40:02 GMT
> I write a program using SAF, and I want to start derby server for my
> purpose, then I wrote:

I'm not sure why the block occurred, but when you specified the IP
address for your server to listen on, all connection requests must be
made to that IP address.

But I would have expected you to get a "connection refused" error, not a
hang. Perhaps you just didn't wait long enough?

When your program is blocked, try using Ctrl-Break or SIGQUIT (depending
on your operating system) to get a dump of all the thread stack traces,
and post your results to the list, and perhaps somebody will spot some
clues in the thread stack traces.

thanks,

bryan