db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Should DatabaseMetaData.getTypeInfo() return OBJECT in soft upgrade mode
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 16:54:43 GMT
On 5/6/2010 9:07 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks for testing soft-upgrade. My feeling is that this new behavior
> corrects a bug in 10.5 and previous releases.
Thanks Rick. I think the soft upgrade behavior is ok or at least a
pretty minor bug. I probably wouldn't go so far as to say it was a
previous bug as it  like BOOLEAN is not a type available to user
tables.  I would think typical usage of getTypeInfo() would be to branch
table creation logic if types are available for use.

View raw message