db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Buddy Testing of Using Clause
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 12:33:15 GMT
On 05/ 1/10 01:23 PM, Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to test along the comments. I am taking the 10.5 as
> reference .. Is that correct?

The USING clause was not supported in 10.5, so you won't find anything
about it in the 10.5 manuals. You can find the latest development
version of the reference guide here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/

> Also when i saw 10.5 reference guide for
> join i saw the following sql
>
> SELECT SAMP.EMP_ACT.*, LASTNAME
> FROM SAMP.EMP_ACT JOIN SAMP.EMPLOYEE
> ON EMP_ACT.EMPNO = EMPLOYEE.EMPNO
>
> Is there any samp schema which gets installed along with Derby install?

I don't think so. I suspect this example is based on a DB2 sample
database (at least it looks like many of the examples in the DB2 manual
use a similar database). Many other examples in the Derby manuals use
toursdb, which you can find under java/demo/toursdb/toursdb after you
have run ant all.

--
Knut Anders