db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From kirru23 <kiran.nellima...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Format the timestamp value
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 05:44:37 GMT

Hello,
Here, I am again stuck with date formatting.
I read that timestamp format is yyyy-mm-dd hh[:mm[:ss[.nnnnnn]]]
Can we change is to other formats? Please advice!

Also , I wanted to know if anyone got some solution for UNIX_TIMESTAMP in
derby.
I tried using {fn timestampdiff(SQL_TSI_SECOND,
current_timestamp,timestamp('1970-01-01-00.00.00')}
But this doesnt give me the exact result as fetched by UNIX_TIMESTAMP
function.
Is there any other way to find an exact value?
Thanks in advance!