db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Suites.All
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:05:26 GMT
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Jayaram Subramanian <rsjay1976@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bryan,
> Yes i do see the file in the file system .. but it doesnt come up in
> eclipse environment
>
> With Regards
> Jayaram
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Bryan Pendleton
> <bpendleton.derby@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
>>>
>>> It still kept giving the same issue. For debugging i decided to add
>>> Sys.out.println's suggested by Bryan in the Sysinfotest code.But this
>>> time when i load up the project in eclipse i am not able to see the
>>> SysInfoTest.java file in derbynet folder in eclipse. So i am not able
>>> to add the System.out.println statements as pointed out by Bryan. I am
>>> attaching screenshot of my project explorer view.
>>
>> That's odd. I don't have an explanation for why this might be.
>>
>> What happens if you look at your filesystem via a tool other than Eclipse?
>>
>> For example, open a shell/cmd window and navigate to
>>
>>  .../java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/derbynet
>>
>> and run "ls" or "dir" (depending on your operating system).
>>
>> I can't think of any reason for SysinfoTest.java to disappear from this
>> folder on your filesystem.
>>
>> What does "svn stat" say about this folder?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> bryan

In addition to checking with svn stat, have you tried 'refresh'
recently in Eclipse (highlight the 'trunk' tree, then press F5, or
right click and find refresh on the menu)?
Although the test has been in existence for a long time, maybe
something happened to it at one point and you refreshed at the time...

It's peculiar...

Myrna