db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC proposal about "Junit test conversions and bug fixes" from a returning student
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:49:56 GMT
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:07 AM, yun lee <yun.lee.bj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone. Nice to write to you again after one year.  Last year, I
> have done some work on Derby,  inssues I finished are listed below:
>
> DERBY-3991 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3991,
> DERBY-3853 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3853,
> DERBY-2769 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2769,
> DERBY-3941https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3941,
> DERBY-4134 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4134
>
> I would love to return to Derby for this year's GSOC, and have chosen
> "Junit test conversions and bug fixes" as my project idea. As to my
> former work on derby, I believe I can finish the project idea well.
>
> However I have also seen the idea is not listed in the Apache GSOC
> projects [1], could anyone do me a favor to mentor me on the project
> idea  this GSOC? Any advice is welcome!
>
> Thanks a lot! Wish for your reply!
>
> Sincerely
> Yun
>
> [1.] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314021

Hi Yun,

Glad to see you back...

I'm willing to mentor a project 'test conversion and fix bugs'.
However, I'll be on vacation from June 12 to July 4. So, someone will
have to take over at least the administrative mentoring tasks during
that period...

Also, I'd like to point out that depending on which bugs you pick to
fix, we may need to rely on the community as a whole to provide
technical reviews. I'd like to focus my own reviews on converting
tests, especially the remaining tests in derbynet.

Trusting that someone will step up to back me up during my vacation,
I'll do the official steps to become a mentor...

Myrna