db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Failed Error
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 17:25:31 GMT
Hi Myrna,

Thanks for replying.

> Hi Nirmal,
>
> The only thing that makes sense is that you somehow still had a
> process open that was using derby.jar. (Perhaps a network server
> process from within an IDE running a test?) And that you released the
> process - perhaps by closing your IDE?

 I did not close Eclipse IDE it was running until now, and just now I
closed it to check whether it is the case, but still I am getting that
error message.

 - or it finished some other way
> before you tried deleting (or you shouldn't have been able to delete
> the derby.jar).

I experienced this several time after this error occurred, that is
sometimes I forgot to exit ij before trying to delete jars, which gave
me an error.

I did a bit investigation on this, by deleting jars one by one as in
order they give me that particular error. But not sure whether it will
useful to give me an exact reason/ possible reasons.

Jars needed to delete:

derby.jar
derbytools.jar
derbynet.jar