db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From yun lee <yun.lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC proposal about "Junit test conversions and bug fixes" from a returning student
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 15:24:50 GMT
It's happy to hear the message.  It encouraged me greatly.  Thank you
very much, Myrna and Kathey!

It seems we needn't worry about Myrna's vocation, I can get help from
Kathey and our community. IMO, communicating with community is the
most interesting part of  the open source experience.

I plan to  prepare my proposal the two days, and could you give me any
advice before applying? Besides, what can I do on my task in the
following days?

Thanks a lot!

2010/4/7 Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> I'm willing to mentor a project 'test conversion and fix bugs'.
> Thanks so much Myrna for stepping up to mentor test and fix. I think this
> has been a successful project in past years and I am sure will be again with
> your guidance.
>> However, I'll be on vacation from June 12 to July 4. So, someone will
>> have to take over at least the administrative mentoring tasks during
>> that period...
> I can take over the administrative tasks during this time.
>> Also, I'd like to point out that depending on which bugs you pick to
>> fix, we may need to rely on the community as a whole to provide
>> technical reviews. I'd like to focus my own reviews on converting
>> tests, especially the remaining tests in derbynet.
> It would be great to see a student pick up the remaining derbynet tests so
> we can build on Tiago's work to get parallel test runs going.  As for
> technical reviews, I am really hoping this summer, we will get a lot of
> broad based input on student patches so they have a more realistic community
> experience.  I will try to branch out beyond my student and review others
> patches.
> Kathey

View raw message