db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Automate Derby-ij Build
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:31:19 GMT
Hi All,

Download !! <http://www.sendspace.com/file/ix167i>

As a new developer of Derby I felt that building Derby in command line
issuing ant commands is bit time consuming procedure, because we have to
manually travel to various paths,
type various commands etc.

So, I thought of writing a small script to automate Derby- ij tool, in this
case you only have to go to the path where this derby_auto_builder.exe
placed by you, in the command line and issue the following command:

*derby_auto_builder.exe <path to the derby trunk>*

In my case <path to the derby trunk> is C:\OtherNirmal\GSoC\Code.

This will compile your Derby code, build jar files, & open you the Derby-ij
tool.

Download !! <http://www.sendspace.com/file/ix167i>

I've attached a ReadMe file as well, which is basically included what I said
in this mail.

Hope this will be useful.

Appreciate your comments !!!

*Note: I have only tested this in Windows Vista environment*

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

C.S.Nirmal J. Fernando