db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dusane, Sachin" <Sachin_Dus...@Syntelinc.com>
Subject About Exception while Using NetworkServerControl API in Java Code
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:47:19 GMT
Hi ,

I am trying to explore the Java DB locally so, I tried using the
NetworkServerControl API in my java code and tried to start the java db
locally using the below lines as shown in reference.

But when I run the application it is giving me following exception

Could not connect to Derby Network Server on host localhost, port 1527:
Connection refused: connect

You can use the NetworkServerControl API to start the Network Server
from a separate thread within a Java application:

NetworkServerControl server = new NetworkServerControl();

server.start (null);

What is cause of this problem? Thanks for your help in advance.

Sachin Dusane

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Syntel, Inc.
which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information
is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original
message and all copies.

View raw message