db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Derby 4616
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:39:25 GMT
Thanks Kathey for helping both of us and explain all the jar files relation to sysinfo.

Sinceresly,
Lily

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 4/17/2010 10:49 AM, Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
Hi All,

java.util.PropertyPermission "user.dir", "read";

to avoid the
Java user name: Security Exception:
(java.util.PropertyPermission user.name read)
Java user home: Security Exception:
(java.util.PropertyPermission user.home read)

we are getting in unfiltered output of SysInfoTest testSysInfoLocale method

To which code base in the policy file i need to add the property
permission settings

Sysinfo classes are actually included in derby.jar, derbynet.jar, derbyclient.jar and derbytools.jar.
 They also are of course in the classes directory, so the perssion actually needs to be there
in the policy file for all four jars and classes to accommodate different classpaths and classpath
orders.   For some  of these (like derbytools.jar I thinke) we already have permission for
all properties, so it does not need to be added.

I will commit Lily's DERBY-4441 patch  Monday, so make sure you watch for that and make sure
your client is synched up before you post a  patch.

Thanks

Kathey