db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.6 branch and fix versions in JIRA
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:14:38 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is no 10.6.1.1 fix version in JIRA, it seems. Should we add one so
> that we can tag fixes that go into the branch after the RC with it? (We
> should probably bump the version on the branch too. It still says 10.6.1.0.)
>
> There is a 10.6.2.0 fix version, though, but I think we agreed that we
> shouldn't use that version yet, see:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Plans-for-a-10.5.3.1--tt26533770.html#a26577283
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for bringing up this topic, Knut. I have made the following changes:

1) Bumped the id on the 10.6 branch to 10.6.1.1. This number represents
the head of the branch.

2) Renamed the JIRA 10.6.2.0 release id to be 10.6.1.1 to agree with the
head of the branch.

3) Added another step to the release instructions, explaining that we
expect agreement between the highest JIRA id for a branch and the actual
release id at the head of the branch. I added a pointer to the email
thread which you located.

Thanks,
-Rick