db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: failure building derby docs tools target?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:16:38 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> On 04/23/10 03:20, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

>>> Make sure you're using JDK 1.4. At least, that's what works for me.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> bryan
>>>

>> Thanks Bryan, it worked with ibm142.
>> Somehow I think I've gone through this once before...
>>

> I'm able to build the docs with Sun's Java 6, but I have to run ant with
> "-lib lib" to get it to pick up the jars in the lib dir. Haven't
> investigated why this is needed.

I just successfully built the docs using Apple's Java 6 on mac os x.
That is, I think the build succeeded. I saw pages of warnings when
building the monohtml and pdf versions, but I've always seen those
warnings. A cursory glance at the results suggests that the build
succeeded. For the record, I always throw an extra slug of memory at ant
when building the docs: I set the following environment variable:

export ANT_OPTS="-Xmx512m"

Regards,
-Rick