db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: gentle reminder: 10.6 release candidate to be created next Monday
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:19:44 GMT
On 19.04.10 17:15, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Just a gentle reminder that I plan to cut the 10.6 branch and build
> the 10.6.1 release candidate next Monday, as described here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease
>
> So this is the last week for checking in 10.6.1 features and bug
> fixes. Please let me know sooner rather than later if you need more
> time to wrap up your 10.6.1 work.

Hi Rick,

I haven't been able to do much work the last month, but I'm back now.
Given the short time left, I have to prioritize and the following tasks
are on my list:
     o DERBY-2017: Client driver can insert and commit partial data when
a LOB stream throws IOException or does not match the specified length
     o DERBY-4544: Referencing streaming CLOBs in (some) generated
column clauses fails
     o DERBY-4400: Document the process of producing Maven 2 artifacts
for Derby

I'll push out DERBY-4400 as far as I can, I think most of the info is
already in trunk/maven2/README.txt - it just have to be nudged into the
DerbyReleaseOrSnapshot wiki page in the appropriate form. If anyone
needs help to generate the Maven2 artifacts, just ask on the list.
I may have to let DERBY-4544 slip, it depends on how hard it is to solve.

I also had some ideas for improving the situation for LOBs in triggers,
but this work can be done later. On the bright side, Mamta has already
made some improvements in this area. I think my changes can be used in
some scenarios, but not all - as suggested by Mike. Further
investigation is needed.

Regards,
--
Kristian