db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: first rev of 10.6 release notes now ready for review
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:41:04 GMT
Hi Rick,

The release notes look fine to me. Thanks for putting them together!
Some minor comments below.

> 2) Are there fixed bugs which don't appear in the "Bug Fixes" section?
> If so, please first try to understand why those bugs don't appear in the
> filter which I used to create this list:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314104

This filter lists all resolved and closed bugs, including invalid bug
reports and duplicates. Would the list be more accurate if we filtered
on Resolution=Fixed instead of Status=(Resolved or Closed)?

> 4) Are there other problems with the release notes?

- Under New Features, CROSS JOIN, it says "See features F401-04 of the
SQL Standard". It should be "feature" (singular) since F401-04 refers to
sub-feature 04 (CROSS JOIN) of feature F401 (Extended joined table).

- The summaries of the notes for DERBY-4312 and DERBY-4191 contain
details that would be better moved to the symptoms and incompatibilities
sections. If we could make the summaries one-liners, the short list on
top might become more readable.

--
Knut Anders