db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Yo
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:57:48 GMT
On 4/19/2010 3:03 AM, Ян Программист wrote:
> Man, you are acting a bit like you do not know what I am talking about.

I am not sure who "you" is in this context but I believe I am guilty not
knowing what you (John) are talking about most of the time. This mail
titled "Yo", for example seems to be concern about someones response to
a question about mentoring, but I went back through your posts and don't
see any emails with a title related to mentoring. Since I couldn't find
the thread you were responding to, I can't really comment on this one. I
would encourage you to read the tips and linked articles at:

http://www.apache.org/dev/contrib-email-tips.html

I think those articles will help you phrase your questions in a way that
make it easier for the community to respond. I am not sure if it is
covered in those pages, but one thing to note is that at least I and I
know others on the derby list cannot just follow a link without knowing
what is there, so I perhaps miss much of what you are saying, perhaps
even your original mentoring question if it was under one of these
links. Also if you can move to English error messages that would help me
a lot in my ignorance of languages. You can do this with the System
property derby.ui.locale for ij, but using user.language and user.region
might work and be more comprehensive.

Thanks

Kathey