db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: gentle reminder: buddy testers needed
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 19:41:00 GMT
On 4/18/2010 6:02 AM, Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> Hi Rich,
> I would like to involve myself. Please let me know the the materials i
> need to go through for running the tests.

Hi Jayaram,

Buddy testing is informal testing of a feature and the documentation by
other developers.  I would suggest you pick a feature that has
documentation. What you do is go through the documentation and try to
use the feature and try all the examples in the doc and anything else
you think is worth trying and file bugs if you find any issues with the
code or doc.   Ask the list if you are not sure if what you are hitting
is a bug.   Add your name to the Wiki at:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease

for the feature you would like to test.

Kathey